Wednesday, January 13, 2010

50 Things

I love lists!  And even more than that I love to cross items off lists!  Weird, I know, but it's one of my secret joys.  I was blog hopping the other day and came across a 29-year-old who had made a list of 30 things to accomplish before 30.  She gave herself a year to do these 30 things and since I had just turned 41 I wanted to do a list also, but doing a list of 42 things just didn't have the same flair.  So I came up with 50 things to do before I turn 50.  Much more flair ;-)  The list took a few days to compile, but it was fun to think about the future and intentionally plan activities that will help me be healthy, take care of my family and home and stretch me spiritually.  So here goes...

  1. create a scrapbook of my dogs
  2. take more pictures
  3. setup my stamping website
  4. finish a quilt for our master bed
  5. run a 5k
  6. read the New Testament through once per month for a year
  7. celebrate our 25th anniversary (2013)
  8. create a scrapbook of Mike and me
  9. read/listen to one classic novel per year
  10. run a 10K
  11. read Pride & Prejudice
  12. learn a foreign language
  13. knit a lace shawl
  14. weigh a healthy weight for my height
  15. go camping
  16. sew a tote bag
  17. run a half-marathon
  18. create a family scrapbook
  19. complete BSF series
  20. organize my files
  21. knit socks
  22. de-clutter the garage
  23. plant a garden and spend time in the garden daily
  24. run a marathon
  25. cook from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking
  26. start playing pinochle or canasta on a regular basis
  27. exercise for 30 minutes 5 to 6 days/ week
  28. paint the interior of the house
  29. knit Mike a sweater
  30. run the Comrades
  31. complete a “Dear Jane” Quilt
  32. read the Old Testament through once every two months for a year
  33. take a trip to South Africa
  34. walk around all the lakes in the Lake District
  35. save for wood floors
  36. organize craft room
  37. knit 1 square/week each year for KAS
  38. upload all my stash to Ravelry
  39. run 5 marathons before I turn 50
  40. quilt for Mike
  41. secret project to be revealed after 2012
  42. make dog beds
  43. go to the international quilt festival in Houston
  44. decorate the house for each season/holiday
  45. de-clutter and organize each room of the house
  46. support two more compassion kids
  47. setup an etsy shop
  48. support 18 micro enterprises through KIVA.org  (2 per year)
  49. make a gingerbread house
  50. go on a mission trip to Africa
A Thoughtful Paws from Woody & Ellie











So what number is "walk dogs everyday and give unlimited treats"?

No comments:

Post a Comment